ISLE Documentation: Style Guide
- Site Theme: MdDocs Themes
- CSS Overrides: The
extra.cssfile overrides some basic CSS styles.
extra.jsfile (could) override some basic JS styles.
- Files use dashes, not underscores, and are lowercase.
- Hyperlinks use the title of their destination page as the text of the URL.
- Example: Hardware Requirements
Sections within a section that is specific to a certain type of circumstance should be put in a table:
|- We use this dash since
|- Another dash and another line.|
Headers: Follow the APA Style Guide for Capitalization of All Important Words.
- Solution: Sublime Text 3, install and use this package:
Smart Title Case.sublime-package
- H1: Page Title
- H2: Main Subheaders
- H3: Copy Production Data to Your Local
Bullets and Indentations
Mkdocs is finicky and requires double indentations to create properly indented sub-bullets.
- Item A
- Item B
- Item C
- Item B
Terms We Use
- allowlist/denylist (we avoid using "whitelist" and "blacklist" due to stigma and racial stereotyping surrounding those terms)
- personal computer (we use a generic term and NOT specific variants like: laptop, workstation, desktop computer, or tablet, etc.)
- repository (not "repo")
- end users (not "endusers")
- Demo ISLE Installation
- Local ISLE Installation: New Site
- Local ISLE Installation: Migrate Existing Islandora Site
- Staging ISLE Installation: New Site
- Staging ISLE Installation: Migrate Existing Islandora Site
- Production ISLE Installation: New Site
- Production ISLE Installation: Migrate Existing Islandora Site
- Update ISLE