Assumptions / Prerequisites
- Python 2.7+ or higher is installed on the end user's personal computer
- The ISLE project directory has been cloned to the end user's personal computer in an appropriate Code or Project Directory.
git clone https://github.com/Islandora-Collaboration-Group/ISLE.git
- Familiarity or comfortability with git and CLI commands.
Step 1. Install
Please follow the instructions found here: http://www.mkdocs.org/#installation
sudo -H pip install mkdocs
pip install mkdocs(PowerShell: Run as administrator)
Step 2. Install the
The ISLE Documentation Theme can be found here: https://github.com/squidfunk/mkdocs-material
sudo -H pip install mkdocs-material
- Windows OS:
pip install mkdocs-material(PowerShell: Run as administrator)
Step 3. Run the
- Open a terminal and
cd to pathto/ISLE project directory
INFO - Building documentation... INFO - Cleaning site directory [I 180310 15:50:39 server:283] Serving on http://127.0.0.1:8000 [I 180310 15:50:39 handlers:60] Start watching changes [I 180310 15:50:39 handlers:62] Start detecting changes [I 180310 15:50:42 handlers:133] Browser Connected: http://127.0.0.1:8000/
- Open up a browser and navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8000/
- It is critical for this terminal to keep running
- as mkdocs will report file changes and any potential issues.
- To review changes in real time via the browser
- Use the terminal output for debugging issues or missing files, links, etc.
- To stop
mkdocs, click the
ckey at the same time.
How to Upgrade
- MkDocs Release Notes
- To upgrade MkDocs to the latest version, use pip:
pip install -U mkdocs
- You can determine your currently installed version using